Big Street Bikers (hereinafter referred to as "Big Street Bikers", "we", "us" or "our") operates a platform that helps people book and use bike parking around New Zealand, whether through our website or the Bikeep and Lattis mobile applications (“Platform”). Big Street Bikers refers to Big Street Bikers Limited (a New Zealand Registered Business).
You can find out more about how to deactivate your accounts within each app or by emailing us to email@example.com
“Aggregated information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together and which does not include the users’ Personal Information.
"Data Controller" means Big Street Bikers, the company responsible for the use of and processing of Personal Information.
"Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES BIG STREET BIKERS
GATHER ABOUT ITS LOCKY DOCK USERS?
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform. We may collect Personal Information (information that can be used to identify you as an individual) such as your name, email, telephone number, home address, demographic information (such as zip code, age), or payment information (such as account or credit card number). The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the features of the Platform. Examples include when you:
1. Fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account.
2. Access or use the Platform, such as to search for Locky Dock locations, make or accept bookings, pay for parking or pay for any associated services that may be available, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users.
3. Link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook or Google) to your Bikeep account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorised by you.
4. Communicate with Big Street Bikers.
We do not track personal data on the platform. Instead, we only use anonymised and aggregated data (usage patterns) for the purpose of improving the product.
2. Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, post or zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
3. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Big Street Bikers or logged in to your Bikeep account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
4. Cookies, and other Tracking Technologies
We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Big Street Bikers services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Third parties may not collect information about users’ online activities on the Platform except as described in this policy.
5. Third-party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
6. Security Video Material
Big Street Bikers uses video cameras for the protection of assets (Locky Docks and our user's assets). Recordings are only for legitimate interest and only Big Street Bikers employees or contractors may have access. Any security recordings are only stored for a maximum on one month.
7. Third Party Video Suppliers
Big Street Bikers believe in consumer privacy. Any third party software employs advanced facial detection software, not facial recognition technologies. Audience data is generated from aggregate measurements of passers-by: think of it as a “smart turnstile”.
Our software never collects any information that is uniquely associated to an individual; demographics are assessed purely from visual cues. All video processing is performed locally in real time so that no image needs to be recorded or transmitted. We will only stores anonymous “metadata” that describes the size and the demographics of an audience.
We don’t store any uniquely identifiable data, any image or video. Our algorithm processes video stream on the fly, all data is processed locally in real time, For each detected watcher the software may estimate basic crowd demographics, attention time and pedestrian footfall.
All third party software is privacy protecting and complies with the requirements imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
HOW BIG STREET BIKERS USES THE INFORMATION
THAT YOU MAKE AVAILABLE
1. To enable you to access and use the Platform;
2. To operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Big Street Biker’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
3. To help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your carpark listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
4. To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5. Where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting. You will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the “Account” section) when you login to your Big Street Bikers account;
6. To administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Big Street Bikers or our business partners; and
7. To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
8. To assist you if you have any problems with a Locky Dock.
HOW BIG STREET BIKERS USES AND
PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. We may also scan, review or analyse messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug product offerings.
We will not review, scan, or analyse your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that Big Street Bikers, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
The rights to use and analyse customer information (including for marketing offers) is restricted to Big Street Bikers. A host is not given the explicit right to analyse customer information unless that customer is accessing a Locky Dock in which case customer data is shared with the host for the purpose of research, analytics and reporting.
WHEN BIG STREET BIKERS DISCLOSES OR
SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO WHOM
IMPORTANT: When you use the Platform, your data may be sent to the European Union and possibly other countries
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries inside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Parts of your profile that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes.
2. When you submit a request to book a Locky Dock or start parking, some of your details will become visible to Big Street Bikers. You agree to be contacted by the Big Street Bikers by phone, email or via the platform when submitting your request and the Host (or Big Street Bikers) decides to do so. We will not share your phone number unless you have granted specific permission, on case by case basis.
3. You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your Big Street Bikers account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
5. We may also engage third party companies and individuals, who may be located outside of New Zealand, to provide services to us, including services to help verify your identification or to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed). We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
6. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Big Street Bikers may access, preserve and disclose your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims asserted against Big Street Bikers; (b) to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Big Street Bikers, its users or members of the public. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless prohibited by law or by the government request, or if doing so would be futile or ineffective.
7. We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY
WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
We may change how we collect and then use Personal Information at any time and without prior notice, at our sole discretion.